I completely forgot about this recipe! I made it quite a while ago and stumbled across it while looking through my endless albums of food pictures! I usually wouldn’t post this because I took the pictures in unnatural lighting and am not really all that happy with the quality.. BUT, in lieu of Valentine’s Day tomorrow, and the fact that these are seriously delicious, I figured, what the heck! I’m gonna post it anyways!
So, excuse the less-than-stellar pictures, and enjoy the recipe – it’s a fantastic healthy treat idea for Valentine’s Day – an occasion known oh-so-well for the plethora of chocolate and sweet treats that seem to come with it!
I’m keeping this post super simple. Just step-by-step pictures of these Chocolate-Covered Banana & PB Bites! They are so simple, and really a treat you can feel much better indulging in than the typical chocolate candy out there around V-Day! At less than 50 calories a pop, you can also enjoy more than just one too!
Well there you have it.. 10 steps to a delicious guilt-free Valentine’s Day treat you can enjoy with your special one or serve at a party for the kids!
Have a Happy Valentine’s Day tomorrow! 🙂
- Cut bananas into ½ inch rounds, or smaller.
- Place ½ teaspoon of peanut butter on top of half the rounds and top each one with another banana round (to make little "sandwiches").
- Place a toothpick in each sandwich and put in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Heat a small saucepan at low heat and add coconut oil and chocolate chips. Stir constantly until melted into a smooth sauce, transfer to a bowl.
- Dip a banana 'sandwich' into the sauce and twirl to coat one at a time. Let air dry for about 10 seconds before setting down, the chocolate will harden very fast.
- Repeat for all banana bites. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
*Recipe adapted from Fit Sugar
Nutritionist in the Kitch