Who the heck doesn’t love a good cookie hey?! Nobody, yup, nobody.
Even me, a Nutritionist, I will fully admit, I love a good cookie! These cookies are two things… three things actually – amazingly delicious, healthy, and so darn easy you could make them with your eyes closed.
Get this… they are made with 4 ingredients. That’s it, that’s all my friends! Completely clean-eating friendly and totally up my alley right now with where we are in our challenge! I wouldn’t even think of putting a cookie in my body right now after all of this hard work we have been putting in – so the fact that I can actually eat these.. it’s wonderful!!
The sweetness in these cookies comes from the banana – and that’s it. No added sugars whatsoever.. so if you are looking for a sugar-high “so-sweet-you-pucker-up-your-face” kind of cookie, I’m sorry but these aren’t them Instead they are rich, moist, and buttery, with a soft slight sweetness, and melt in your mouth delicious!
Every day I get a portioned amount of healthy fats – and the sources can be olive oil, avocado, nut butters, or nuts and seeds. These are my “nut butter” dose of healthy fat as each cookie has just under a tablespoon amount of nut butter! I used a mixture of natural almond and natural peanut butter – I’m sure they would work out fine with cashew butter, or even sunflower butter.. or a combination of the lot!
15 minutes from start to finish and you will be gobbling up these delicious little cookies… in moderation of course 😉
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash banana in a bowl until nice and smooth. Add in nut butters, spices, and salt, and mix until very well combined.
- The dough should stick together into one big ball by the time it's all mixed together. Nothing should stick to the side of the bowl.
- Grease a cookie sheet with a healthy oil.
- Plop into little balls on the cookie sheet and press down with a fork (or just smoosh down with your hand)
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until firm to the touch... but watch that the bottoms don't burn!
- Let cool and enjoy!!
Fave Five Friday: Good-For-You Cookies!
Now, to stick with the theme of “cookies” I decided to do my Fave Five Friday on Good-For-You Cookies I have found in the blogosphere! Check out these delicious little guilt free cookies … yum, yum, yum!!
Have a great weekend!
Nutritionist in the Kitch