There’s just something so comforting about oatmeal…. or is it just me?
I’m not sure, maybe that’s weird, but oatmeal in a bowl, or oatmeal cookies, or these little honey filled oatmeal cups are just like a little slice of comfort food!
These delicious little oatmeal cups are perfect for breakfast or a quick snack, and at 100 calories a pop, they are a perfect little portion!
The special ingredient, which is a nutritional powerhouse, and also the feature of today’s GIVEAWAY is Hemp seeds!!
To be honest, I never really even ventured into the world of hempseed until about a year ago! Before then hemp just made me think of those necklaces that surfers and hippies wear. Food or nutrition didn’t cross my mind at all!
Who knew that hempseed is a super duper wonderful ingredient and loaded with nutritional value!?
So what’s all this fuss I’m giving about hempseed for?
- Hemp is high in protein, containing 9 of the essential amino acids, which makes it a fantastic vegetarian protein source!
- Hemp is a great source of omega fatty acids, the good healthy fats!
- Hemp contains an ample amount of fiber which works great to keep your digestive system running smoothly and keep you feeling nice and full!
- Hemp contains disease combating phytonutrients and anti-oxidants!
- Hemp contains a slurry of minerals including zinc, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, and iron!
These little cups are super easy to make!
The hempseed, oats, applesauce, almond milk, honey, and blueberries all bake together to make a delicious cup base that is then filled with more yummy, raw, creamed honey, and topped with more hempseeds!
I also think they look rather pretty don’t they??
Perfect to serve when you have guests over for tea, or even at a brunch, or a shower… or bring them in the car for road snacks!
Or maybe just at home, curled up on the couch with a good book?
How about any time. Yep, any time. These are good!
North Coast Naturals, seriously an amazing company, provided me with the Hemp seeds for this recipe, to play around with, experiment with, oh yes, and giveaway to one of you lucky Nutritionist in the Kitch fans!
North Coast Naturals is also the maker of my favorite protein powder, which if you follow me regularly, you know I use pretty much every single day!
North Coast Naturals is…
committed to the health and well-being of our consumers and the environment, and uses the best of science and nature to develop the highest quality certified organic nutrition and natural health products.
…which is really why I love their products so much! It’s not easy to find protein powders that aren’t packed with artificial flavors and ingredients, or unknown ingredient additives, so I truly love that I can rest in knowing that NCN uses clean, green, wholesome ingredients!
So, there’s no time to dilly dally!
Today is the day you must make some Hemp & Honey Blueberry Oatmeal Cups… and eat them warm, filled with ooey gooey honey, sprinkles of hemp, and love!
just like that, right there… in this picture below.
Oh, oh, oh and if this all wasn’t exciting enough… the winner of the giveaway will not only get a big bag of North Coast Naturals Raw Hempseeds, but also a tub of North Coast Naturals Ultimate Daily Greens!!!! 🙂
Yayyyyyy! Free, awesome, nutritious, stuff!
To enter the giveaway click the link below, and enter in as many ways possible to get multiple entries!
Good luck to you all!
This giveaway will be on until Thursday June 27th at 11:59pm so enter, like, share, and enter some more! 🙂
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and lightly grease a regular size muffin tin.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except blueberries, stir to combine (use only 3 tablespoons of the honey, and set the rest aside).
- Let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the mixture among ten muffin cups, and with the back of a spoon put a small indent in the middle of the mixture in each cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes, and for the last 3 minutes, set to broil just to get a little crust on the top.
- Once done, you may want to deepen the indent in the middle slightly of each oatmeal cup with the back of a spoon slightly to make room for the honey filling.
- Allow the cups to cool completely before removing from the tin.
- Once cooled, fill each cup indent with about 1 teaspoon of the remaining honey, and sprinkle with hempseeds!
- Heat in the microwave slightly if desired, or eat as is!
*Recipe inspired by Munchin With Munchkin
Nutritionist in the Kitch
*The North Coast Naturals product(s) used for this recipe and post were provided to me by North Coast Naturals. Aside from the actual product(s) used to create the recipe, I did not receive any monetary compensation from North Coast Naturals and the opinions/review of the product(s) are entirely my own (Christal of Nutritionist in the Kitch).