Isn’t it just the best when you can eat something that tastes like dessert for breakfast because it’s so healthy??
Don’t believe it’s true? It is!
This Strawberry ‘Cheesecake’ Banana Parfait is a delicious dessert, but it’s also so healthy it makes a great breakfast or post-workout snack too!
This parfait is packed with protein, healthy carbohydrates, and good-for-you fats. A perfect balance to stabilize blood sugars, give the body a boost of energy, and replenish well-worked muscles!
The “cheesecake” pudding is actually made from organic (non-GMO) silken tofu, a healthy source of vegetarian protein, strawberries, and agave nectar for natural sweetness! It’s rich, creamy, and smooth, perfectly layered between sliced banana, raw walnuts, and crushed whole grain graham crackers.
The walnuts bring in healthy omega-3 fatty acids and the crushed whole grain graham crackers (I used Annie’s Homegrown Organic Honey Grahams and another suggested brand would be Erewhon Honey Grahams) add some healthy complex carbohydrates for a boost of energy and fiber!
The fresh banana and strawberries add natural sweetness, vitamins and minerals, and antioxidants!
The best part, making one, or a few, of these delicious parfaits takes less than 10 minutes!
Quick, simple, healthy, and delicious… it’s a win, win, win… win! Using cute little mason jars like I did also makes these parfaits an easy on-the-go option – so you can enjoy your parfait anytime, anywhere… just don’t forget the spoon!
Have you ever made pudding using non-GMO organic tofu?! I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!
- 1 package (12 oz) Organic Non-GMO Silken Tofu (Mori-Nu or Nasoya)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 to 2 tablespoons organic agave nectar (depending on preferred sweetness)
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- ½ cup raw walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup crushed whole grain graham crackers (I used Annie’s Homegrown Organic Honey Grahams and another suggested brand would be Erewhon Honey Grahams)
- Add the tofu, strawberries, and agave to a food processor or blender and process/blend until a smooth pudding consistency is reached.
- In 4 small bowls or mason jars layer 3-4 tablespoons of the strawberry tofu pudding, then layer with a few slices of banana, 2 tablespoons of walnuts (per bowl) and 2 tablespoons of graham cracker (per bowl).
- Layer in another 3-4 tablespoons of the pudding, and top with some more graham cracker to garnish!
- Chill for 20 minutes if desired OR eat right away!
Have a lovely rest of the week!
Nutritionist in the Kitch