Hello delicious, healthy, energy-giving, filling, chocolate power cookies…let’s be friends.
Yes, you too, will want to be friends with these cookies.
Believe me, they are amazing.
I was inspired to make this recipe by a local grocery store – Planet Organic.
For years they have been selling these cookies, called Cosmic Cookies. I don’t know why ‘cosmic’… maybe because they are out-of-this-world delicious, or they taste-like-heaven?!
Recently they (finally) decided to share the recipe for these dream cookies, and although they have A LOT of components, they are actually very easy to put together!
As you may already know, I’ve been doing custom meal planning AND meal preparation for one of my clients. I knew these cookies would be a perfect snack option as part of the plan, but I just had to alter them a bit.
So, I took the original Cosmic Cookie recipe and added some Nutritionist in the Kitch magic to it, a little tweak here and there, and voila – the Chocolate Protein Power Cookie was born!
I mish mashed all the ingredients into a big bowl and portioned these into perfect 260 calorie cookies!
Whoa, I know, they are not a low-cal cookie... but that’s the point of a POWER cookie – they are meant to be a mini-meal, to fuel you, give you energy, and keep you going! Great for a pre-workout snack, something to bring on a hike, or an afternoon POW! to get you through a busy day!
I seriously had to restrain myself from eating more than one of these cookies after they were baked … I had to test one out – quality assurance purposes of course!! (I didn’t think my client would mind!)
These cookies are just PACKED to the brim with goodness…
Oats and spelt make up the base, then pumpkin, sunflower, and flax seeds bring in some healthy fats along with natural peanut butter.
Raisins, shredded coconut, and pure organic coconut palm sugar bring in unrefined sweetness, and the natural chocolate protein powder brings in a pop of protein and that delicious chocolaty bite!
I took this big batch of cookies and wrapped them up individually and stuck them in the freezer to keep them fresh as I periodically include them in a meal delivery for my client!
Tomorrow, I’m planning to make a batch for the hubby and I to have all to ourselves!!!!
- 2¼ cups quick oats
- 1¼ cups whole spelt flour
- ¾ cup chocolate protein powder (or a chocolate vegan protein powder)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup whole flax seeds
- ¾ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup sultana raisins
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoonsnatural peanut butter
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a separate large bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Portion cookie dough using a ¼ cup measure and place onto lined baking tray. Gently flatten cookies before baking. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
*Recipe adapted from Planet Organic Cosmic Cookie
Have a wonderful, healthy, and safe weekend!
Nutritionist in the Kitch