Got some extra time this beautiful Sunday afternoon?
Why not make some healthy homemade energy bars?
These delicious bars are filled with wonderful healthy ingredients including apricots, cashews, hemp seed, unsweetened coconut, and oats; a great snack to send the kids to school with or take to work. Most packaged granola bars or snack bars are stuffed with artificial flavors, colors, added sugars, so these are a great alternative, and super easy to make!
Justin (the hubby) and I are in the midst of chaos trying to focus on work and get ready for our Europe trip which we leave on in a week from tomorrow! Eeeeek excitement!!
Both of us have been very busy with work so these energy bars are exactly what we need!
They are easy as…
- 1 cup dried Turkish apricots
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Line and 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper or saran wrap, and set aside.
- Pulse cashews in food processor until crumbly, place in a separate bowl.
- Pulse apricots in food processor until finely chopped. Add all other ingredients to the apricot mixture and process until well combined.
- Add the chopped cashews to the mixture and pulse until combined.
- Firmly press the apricot mixture into the baking pan, using the flat surface of a measuring cup to create a flat even layer.
- Place pan in the freezer for one hour, then remove and cut into 8 rectangle bars (or more or less, depending on desired size).
- Place in an airtight container and store for up to one month in the fridge.
*Adapted from a great blog – Shutterbean
Nutritionist in the Kitch