Apricot & Cashew Energy Bars

Got some extra time this beautiful Sunday afternoon?

Why not make some healthy homemade energy bars?

These delicious bars are filled with wonderful healthy ingredients including apricots, cashews, hemp seed, unsweetened coconut, and oats; a great snack to send the kids to school with or take to work. Most packaged granola bars or snack bars are stuffed with artificial flavors, colors, added sugars, so these are a great alternative, and super easy to make!

Justin (the hubby) and I are in the midst of chaos trying to focus on work and get ready for our Europe trip which we leave on in a week from tomorrow! Eeeeek excitement!!

Both of us have been very busy with work so these energy bars are exactly what we need!

They are easy as…

One.

Two.

Three!

Enjoy!

5.0 from 5 reviews
Apricot & Cashew Energy Bars

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Serves: 8
Ingredients
  • 1 cup dried Turkish apricots
  • ½ cup raw cashews
  • ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
  • ⅓ cup rolled oats
  • 2 tablespoons agave syrup
  • 1 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
  • 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
  • ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Instructions
  1. Line and 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper or saran wrap, and set aside.
  2. Pulse cashews in food processor until crumbly, place in a separate bowl.
  3. Pulse apricots in food processor until finely chopped. Add all other ingredients to the apricot mixture and process until well combined.
  4. Add the chopped cashews to the mixture and pulse until combined.
  5. Firmly press the apricot mixture into the baking pan, using the flat surface of a measuring cup to create a flat even layer.
  6. Place pan in the freezer for one hour, then remove and cut into 8 rectangle bars (or more or less, depending on desired size).
  7. Place in an airtight container and store for up to one month in the fridge.
  8. Enjoy!

*Adapted from a great blog – Shutterbean

Christal

Nutritionist in the Kitch

Comments

1. Holly Moss says

Just wondering how many calories are in each slice? Protein and fat amounts as well if possible. Sorry to be a pain! Taste absolutely wonderful though!

2. Laura m says

Just made these and so yummy and easy, such a healthy but delicious treat, I cants wait to try the chocolate, date and cashew ones next week, thank you for this recipe!

3. Aleksandra says

I made these bars. They are very tasty. The problem is not as compact mass. Decompose.
    What can I do to be compact, as shown? Thank you.

• Christal says

You just need to firmly press the mixture into a pan, or add a little water while the ingredients are in the food processor to make the “batter” sticky!

• Aleksandra says

Thank you for fast reply. For a better sticky is it better that the ingredients are milled larger or smaller? Do you need to bake it in the oven?

4. JAY says

JUST FOUND YOUR BLOG….CAN’T WAIT TO TRY THE CASHEW APRICOT BARS! DO YOU BAKE THE ROLLED OATS FIRST? DO YOU THINK I COULD SUBSTITUTE MOLASSES FOR THE AGUAVE?

THANKS!

JAY

5. Nikki says

What a great combination of ingredients– I had to modify a bit based on what I had (honey instead of agave and no hemp seeds)– but these turned out FANTASTIC, and even my toddler who helped me make them thought so! Thanks! And, BTW, love your blog!

6. Deb says

I bought a food processor today. The first thing I did when I got home was to make two batches of these protein bars! I made one with cashews and another with pumpkin seeds as suggested by Wendy. I work at a school so the nut free version will be for school days. I sampled a little sliver of each version. They don’t taste much different and both are delicious! Looking forward to my afternoon pre-workout snack tomorrow :)

• Christal says

Yes, congrats on the buy – you are going to LOVE it – my food processor is one of my favorite kitchen essentials! The pumpkin seeds are a great idea for nut-free! A perfect pre-workout snack!

7. D'Layne says

For some reason I bought a huge bag of apricots from costco awhile back and I was starting to wonder how I would ever finish them. Sooo I made these last night and they are very good! I subbed half the agave with coconut sugar and added some cinnamon. They smelled so delicious it was hard to wait for them to freeze! Thanks for the recipe :)

8. Wendy says

These are AMAZING! I switched out the cashews for pumpkin seeds and the hemp for sunflower seeds (didn’t have any hemp seeds) and they became ‘nut free’ and perfect for school lunches. (Oh shoot–are coconuts ok??) This idea of using dried fruit as a sweetener for baked (and non-baked) goods is really cool. I’ve been using dates whizzed in the blender with the ‘wet’ ingredients for muffins and it works beautifully.
    Wendy

9. says

wow, nice that they only have 3 tbsp fat/sweetener. I’m surprised they stick together that well! look so fantastic… i am literally making every single item on your blog as soon as i off this DIET!!! lol

beautiful recipe sweetness :-)
    the pictures are awesome and looks delicious!

Trackbacks